Holding Out HELP exists to assist those from a polygamous background with the resources necessary to meet their physical, emotional, and educational needs. Primarily we help those transitioning from a polygamist community into an independent and self-sufficient life by providing access to housing, food, clothing, counseling, mentoring, job training, education and referral services.
Ways to HELP
Holding Out HELP is 100% supported by private individuals and small business through one-time and monthly donations, as well as two annual fundraisers. We currently serve over 250 people a year and due to the turmoil in the FLDS community, the need has never been greater. For the first time we currently have a waiting list for services.
Ways to make a difference:
- $30 a month can provide food for a mentor to meet weekly, set goals, learn life skills and have a listening ear.
- $50 a month can keep a phone on for a month while a client searches for employment.
- $100 a month can fund the cost for gas or a monthly transportation pass for a student.
- $150 a month can provide much needed professional counseling services.
- $200 a month can help keep the heat and water on for a single mom trying to get through college.
Physical Donations needed:
- Bunk Beds
Paper Products / Hygiene Items (Not covered by food stamps)
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Feminine pads
- Shampoo (bulk)
- Conditioner (bulk)
- Bars of soap
- Laundry Detergent (bulk)
- Dryer Sheets (bulk)
- Dishwashing detergent (bulk)
- Pro Bono Attorneys (Family Law)
- Auto Mechanics
- Handy Men
If interested in providing physical donations and/or services, please contact us at email@example.com or call/text 801.548.3492.